We're Not A Software Factory; In fact We're the Anti-Factory
Our business model is aligned with you: as you get paid more, we get paid more.
Software factories have reverse incentives and developers suffer the consequences -- work extra for less. We work in a better way.
We work only as core members of product teams in the US and you get more growth opportunities.
Our team mates lead teams at US partners, apply for management with partners, help pitch investors with partners and lead at Austin Software itself.
You're a great developer but it doesn't work out with a partner?
You remain as an Austin Software employee and you'll join a new partner you like.
How we work
Trust; we don't track your hours. Flexible work from home, new Macbook Pros, work on products long term, work directly with teams in the US.
If you're tired of the traditional software model, and if you consider yourself the best among your peer, apply to join us!
We seek engineers who want to deliver real business value. You seek to understand the purpose of your project and how it fits into the larger view. You help your team and peers align to the company vision and mission. You consistently leave code and projects better than you found them. You love to up-level the engineers around you by setting a good example and investing time in helping them succeed. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Architect NodeJS microservices, operations and team culture
- Decompose a Rails application into microservices with clear boundaries, responsibilities and operations
- Providing technical leadership for multi-team engineering initiatives through clear written and oral communication to define and track dependencies and technical contracts
- Mentoring junior engineers on your team, providing guidance and support with a sense of stewardship for their growth
- Influencing the wider engineering team through demos, brown bag topics, and design proposals
- 5 plus years leading back-end architecture in NodeJS but we’ll also consider experience in Java, Golang or other backend tools
- Skills with Kubernetes, orchestration and infrastructure operations
- Experience with cloud computing providers, order of preference: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience setting up and using CI/CD pipelines and monitoring for your production services
Who you are:
- You are a motivated and self-directed engineer who wants to deliver real business value
- You help your team and peers align to the company vision and mission
- You consistently leave code and projects better than you found them
Who we are
- A culture of trust and respect; we don’t track your hours — we trust you!
- Flexible work from home policy
- Developers deserve the best tools, we invest in new MacBook Pros and large monitors
- No sales driven deadlines; go ahead, plan your work, we know time estimates are never 100% accurate
- Know exactly how much money you take home relative to what the client paid
- Grow your skills by working on core technology and products long term — not project to project