Austin Software is a talented group of the best developers in South America and we work in a better way for developers: No fixed priced contracts, no sales driven deadlines, client prices are not secret, and we don’t survive project to project — we only work long term with partners that are a good cultural fit. We’re happy to turn down opportunities that aren’t a good culture fit.
We are scaling up our engineering management organization and we need someone incredibly talented to join our management team.
Who you are:
- Reports to the Engineering Director
- Responsible for delivery, retention and recruitment KPIs in their group
- Contributes to defining and implementing the strategy for the engineering department
- Contributes to constantly improving internal processes so that they drive the expected results in the areas of responsibility of the engineering department; and so that they provide reliable statistics
- Contributes to building strong partner relationships
- Handles mature teams, whilst the new and high risk projects are owned by the department lead
- You are a natural leader, you inspire others and you know how to earn their trust. You are a team player!
- You are passionate about building engineering organizations, you thrive in challenging environments, you have managed autonomous teams
- You take the initiative, you are proactive and lead the way
- You believe in cultivating a feedback culture, you understand that giving and receiving feedback is a skill that must be taught and nurtured
- You are a big picture thinker, able to prioritize on the go, able to multitask, quick thinking on your feet
- High EQ individual, you can navigate challenging and high risk interactions
- You have managed relationships with external partners; you know how to successfully navigate through conversation
What's important to us:
- You know the drill, you’ve been exposed to different challenges and you have a proven track record of driving results
- You know what it takes to build a high performing team
- Proven success in growing, developing, coaching and mentoring others
- You are open minded and resilient, embracing change and re-iterating rapidly
- You will not be writing software, but you must be experienced in doing so. Expert level understanding of software development methodologies is key. You’ve seen the patterns of success and failure.
- You have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written; you are able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- To be comfortable leading a team through ambiguity and risk
Qualifications and requirements:
- At least 5 years experience designing and building software applications (preferably web)
- At least 4 years experience leading teams and managing projects
- Excellent english, both oral and written
- Computer Science or related university degree (preferable)
Qualifications and requirements for Austin Software internal candidates:
- At least 1 year with their current partner
- Great standing with current partner, you have clearly added value and you have consistently received outstanding feedback